Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Calm, Cool and What?



I see/read a lot of titles for different products or articles reading "Calm, Cool and something". My recent Home and Garden magazine read on the front cover- "Calm, Cool and Decluttered". Inside randomly there was an ad for the product Eucerin and it read "Calming". Anytime I read an ad (for example), I tend to wanna read between the lines. What are the producers wanting us to "feel" so that we will buy this product? You know, those commercials where the family is hugging and laughing because of a product they used (like Tide). Seriously, is Tide gonna make your life better because your using it.... NO! It's gonna clean your clothes! It's to funny to me, how we are deceived by ads. One thing I think we can all say we would love to be is Calm! .. And Cool... and Collected, right? So, the product makers obviously do enough "studies" to realize this might be a good word to add to their product line. HA! Such a good example to me, how the world turns are focus onto things instead of Who we really need. Folks, you just need product JESUS! In Psalm 4:8 we see the word "peace". If you have peace- will you be calm? I would say yes to that! "In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, LORD, make me dwell in safety." Peace-check! Safety- check!To me, you do not need products to give you a sense of calmness. You need God's help. His commercials and ads would read "Calming, peaceful and safety-- Not to mention decluttered, clean, stability, love, well you get it! Proverbs 14:30 A heart at peace gives life to the body". Hey, if your body has life, who needs a product now?

No comments:

Post a Comment