Thursday, January 13, 2011

Serenity Prayer


Serenity Prayer
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the DIFFERENCE.

When I was a teenager my friends Mother had this Prayer hanging on the wall of her bathroom. So on your way out of the bathroom as you open the door, you would not help but to see this prayer smack in your face! I remember reading this prayer and often feeling like.. WHAT? HUH? I do not get it. So what is she asking for?, I thought.
 The older I got, I somewhere got a glimpse of this prayer again and ah hah! Oh! That's what it means!
 Of course, when your young and the world is fancy free and you do not realize what the word STRESS means, you would not feel the need to have serenity. Life was just plain fun! Then growing up kicked in and Mom and Dad were not around to take care of you and you needed to take on responsibility (enter screams)!
 Ladies, this is a beautiful prayer to keep in mind, I actually have these words on my Bible cover and love it! So here is goes again...

God grant me the serenity (calm, peacefulness, peace.a disposition free from stress or emotion) to accept the things I cannot change, the courage (the quality of mind or spirit that enables a person to face difficulty, danger, pain, etc., without fear; bravery.)to change the things I can, and the wisdom (the ability to think and act utilizing knowledge, experience, understanding, common sense, and insight)to know the DIFFERENCE.

Pray this today, keep the words in your heart and move forward in your difficulties-- being accepting of your situations, courage to change and wise in your decisions!

Peace be with you today Sisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment