Friday, January 7, 2011

Rest for the Weary

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-29

An open invitation to all! Have you heard that song "The More I seek You"?

It really astounds me how we become so heavy and burdened and yet we do not take the time to allow our Father in Heaven to give us rest. He promises to comfort us, to hold us in His arms if we just lean back against Him.
Psalm 71:20-21
Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up. You will increase my honor and comfort me once again.


This life is not something God intended for us to take on ourselves. We WILL grow weary or tired, He can understand situations even better than we could fathom. He will give us strength and power. Everyone stumbles and falls yet He is there to help us stand on solid rock. We will soar on wings of eagles, we will run and not grow weary, we will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:18-31

Stand upright today Sisters and walk toward you goal with a light load!

No comments:

Post a Comment