Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Love isn't just a word!


I will be the first person to admit that I have an easier time loving animals than I do the human race. Why, you say? Well, it's easier to love an animal- they don't back talk, treat you badly or have an attitude problem (well maybe cats do). So, therefore I have always prized myself on the way I have such a big heart for cute little cuddly animals. It's not wrong, but is is okay? Should my tender heart for animals be greater than my true love for the human race? No! People are who God tells us to love. The Bible says:

Exodus 15:13 
13 "In your unfailing love you will lead the people you have redeemed. In your strength you will guide them to your holy dwelling.

Leviticus 19:18
18 " 'Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD.



These are only two verses I have posted.. there are many many more! If you have a cold heart and your love for people just is not there, find it-pray for it. Your peace can be there when you find your unfailing love for others. Then and only then will you have a "love" life that is upright and respectable in the eyes of God. Work your way to loving others, then work your way to guiding them to their holy dwelling. Peace to you and keep loving!





No comments:

Post a Comment