Monday, January 24, 2011





Isaiah 26:3-4
You will keep in perfect peace
   those whose minds are steadfast,
   because they trust in you.
4 Trust in the LORD forever,
   for the LORD, the LORD himself, is the Rock eternal. 





When I allow my mind to wander and life's troubles fog my thinking, I start to feel far away from my God. I don't necessarily know it's happening at first, but by the time it occurs to me, I feel distant from Him. Although, I may feel distant, my God is still beside me. He does not leave me! I become frantic in my thinking, looking around and asking "Lord, where have you gone? I don't see you. Why have you left me?" Instead, He's here the entire time saying "Child quiet yourself and listen to me, I never left."


When we forget to spend the time with our Father, we don't feel that peace we long for everyday. But, when you are building a solid friendship with God and trusting in Him, He will give you a perfect peace. The Lord is our Rock, He is our solid foundation. In Him we find rest; lay it down, give it to Him and find peace!



No comments:

Post a Comment