Monday, December 6, 2010

Let Not Mine Emotions Take Over...



Depression, anxiety, indifference, confusion, fear, torment, angriness, weariness…. Struggles of today’s world!
Psalm 13:2 How long O Lord must I wrestle with my thoughts and everyday have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me?

When I was younger, my friend and I use to sing this song in harmony with each other…. And it means even more to me this day as I read it today in Psalm. Words are too small to explain!



Wow! What incredible lyrics for us to remember.
Psalm 18: 1-3 I love you, LORD, my strength.
 2 The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
   my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
   my shield[b] and the horn[c] of my salvation, my stronghold.

 3 I called to the LORD, who is worthy of praise,
   and I have been saved from my enemies.


The enemy prowls around you, watching waiting for you to let your guard down and then he attacks when you are weak.
Psalm 18: 4-5 4The cords of death encompassed me, And the torrents of ungodliness terrified me. (5)The cords of Sheol surrounded me; The snares of death confronted me.
1 Peter 5:8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
Psalm 17:12 They are like a lion hungry for prey,
   like a fierce lion crouching in cover.
  Be alert focus and sober your mind, seek the One True God.
Psalm 14:2 The LORD looks down from heaven on all mankind to see if there are any who understand, any who seek God.

He will lift you up, lift your thoughts, and bring you clarity in the midst of the torment. Satan will run the moment God raises His mighty hand.
Psalm 17:14 By your hand save me from such people, LORD, from those of this world whose reward is in this life.
Psalm 17:7 Show me the wonders of your great love,
   you who save by your right hand
   those who take refuge in you from their foes.

All the verses listed speak to us about distress and enemy attacks under negative mindsets. God can hear your cry; He can rescue you, take hold of you and draw you out of deep waters.
Psalm 18:6 In my distress I called to the LORD;
   I cried to my God for help.
From his temple he heard my voice;
   my cry came before him, into his ears.
Psalm 18:16 He reached down from on high and took hold of me;
   he drew me out of deep waters.

Sisters, if you feel like you are deep waters and are struggling to stay above water by the moment, call on Him- The One True God who can bring you out of the torment. Nothing nor nobody can do what our Heavenly Father can do!


1 comment:

  1. The lyrics of that song remind me of the singles group I attended after my first husband left me. We sang that song during our worship times. That place was a refuge in times of trouble. Thanks for the sweet memories.

    ReplyDelete