Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Amazing Hope

Having hope is a confident expectation of great things to come! Be waiting, Be expecting, Anticipate and trust in God! 
Hope is personal... we are each hoping for something different. Hope is.... God's promise to bless us. 
Let's look at the prayer of Jabez
"Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, 'Oh that Thou would bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast [territory], and that Thine hand might be with me, and that Thou would keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me!' And God granted him that which he requested." 
1 Chron 4:10
I think it would be safe to come to conclusion that Jabez had hope. Ladies, we need to pray- ask God to increase your hope. Life can be difficult in times of worry, depression, relationship problems, finances and in those times we wonder where God is??? Call on the name of Jesus, and you will find peace like a river, You will be in good hands with God.
It is well with your soul even when it is not well with your circumstances.
Psalm 62: 5-7
5 Yes, my soul, find rest in God; 
   my hope comes from him. 
6 Truly he is my rock and my salvation; 
   he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. 
7 My salvation and my honor depend on God;
 he is my mighty rock, my refuge.  

We have no hope when we resist instead of rest. We do not rest because we resist to allow God to be in control.Rest during failures, flaws and frazzledness.
has given to them. 
* Suffering is temporary, but hope is everlasting. Hope is not a feeling, it's a fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment